Home / Collections / Garden / Pukeko Wind Sculpture
Pukeko Wind Sculpture
The original and, over the years ,the most popular of all our wind sculptures. Maybe it is because of its striking colouring, the bird’s cheeky behaviour or because we have engineered its legs to run in that odd, gawky but elegant way, that a Pukeko does.
How it is made
- We make our Pukeko from locally milled pine, it’s legs from marine plywood. Each is individually hand painted in our workshop using exceptionally long lasting Resene water-based paints utilising a variety of techniques.
- We have been hand crafting our wind sculptures for over 25 years and know they stand the test of time – even here in Wellington! If you need any revamps to your wind sculpture just let us know and we can assess it.
How to display
- The Pukeko will look looks fabulous when mounted in your garden surrounded by plants It will swivel 360 degrees to follow the wind and it's legs spin on the axle with an eccentric gait. We find it best sited in moderate winds.
- We supply the stainless-steel rod and screws. Just make sure the stand is accurately vertical and slot the bird on. Easy!
- The Pukeko is 30cms x 40cms.
- It can be packed for easy postage. We will even gift wrap and send directly if you are sending as a gift.