Kingfisher Wind Sculpture
Like a beautiful iridescent blue dart, it's a special day when you see a Kotare, known also as the Sacred Kingfisher.
How it is made
- We make our Kotare from locally milled pine, sculpting each of its wings individually and hand painting the bird in our workshop using exceptionally long lasting Resene water-based paints.
- We have been hand crafting our wind sculptures for over 25 years and know they stand the test of time – even here in Wellington! If you need any revamps to your wind sculpture just let us know and we can assess it.
How to display
- The Kotare will look fabulous when mounted on your deck or a post in your garden. It will swivel 360 degrees to follow the wind and its wings will spin rapidly. It is suitable for all wind conditions.
- The Kotare is 28cms long.
- We supply the stainless-steel rod and screws. Just make sure the stand is accurately vertical and slot the bird on. Easy!
It can be packed for easy postage. We will even gift wrap and send directly if you are sending as a gift.