Wood Pigeon Wind Sculpture
One of our customers has told of seeing a Kereru drunkenly hanging upside down from the power lines after overindulging on berries. Apparently, it eventually detached and fell before flying off. Silly old bird!
How it is made
- Our kereru however is made of sterner stuff - locally milled pine and it’s wings from marine ply. We hand paint them in our workshop using exceptionally long lasting Resene water-based paints utilising a variety of paint techniques including a layer of iridescence.
- We have been hand crafting our wind sculptures for over 25 years and know they stand the test of time – even here in Wellington! If you need any revamps to your wind sculpture just let us know and we can assess it
How to display
- It can be mounted on your deck or a post in your garden and will swivel 360 degrees to follow the wind. Its wings will spin in the slow way pigeons fly. Great in light to moderate wind.
- We supply the stainless-steel rod and screws. Just make sure the stand is accurately vertical and slot the bird on. Easy!
- The Kereru is 45cms long.
- We can pack for easy postage. We will even gift wrap and send directly if you are sending as a gift.